Comment on page
About the MiniMe token
On this page, you can read some specific information about the MiniMe token that may be useful, even when not programmatically interacting with the contract.
This page contains technical information. It is provided for advanced users.
- ANTv1 is an instance of a MiniMe token.
- MiniMe tokens are standard ERC20 tokens with additional functionality.
Anybody can create a new clone token from a MiniMe token with an initial distribution identical to the original token at a specified block. The address calling the
createCloneToken()function will become the token controller and the token's default settings can be specified in the function call.
Once the clone token is created, it acts as a completely independent token, with its own unique functionalities.
All MiniMe tokens maintain a history of the balance changes that occur during each block. Two calls are introduced to read the total supply and the balance of any address at any block in the past.
function totalSupplyAt(uint _blockNumber) view returns (uint);
function balanceOfAt(address _holder, uint _blockNumber) view returns (uint);
The controller of the contract can generate/destroy/transfer tokens at its own discretion. The controller can be a regular account, but the intention is for the controller to be another contract that imposes transparent rules on the token's issuance and functionality. The token controller is not required for the MiniMe token to function, if there is no reason to generate/destroy/transfer tokens, the controller can be set to
address(0)and this functionality will be disabled.
For example, a TokenCreation contract can be set as the controller of the MiniMe token and at the end of the token creation period, the controller can be transferred to
address(0), to guarantee that no new tokens will be created.
To create and destroy tokens, these two functions are introduced:
function generateTokens(address _holder, uint _value) onlyController;
function destroyTokens(address _holder, uint _value) onlyController;
transfersEnabled == false, tokens cannot be transferred directly by holders. However they can still be created, destroyed, and transferred by the controller. The controller can also toggle this flag.
// Allows tokens to be transferred if true or frozen if false
function enableTransfers(bool _transfersEnabled) onlyController;
The cloning functionality allows for incredibly powerful functionality, effectively the ability for anyone to give extra features to the token holders without having to migrate to a new contract. Some of the applications that the MiniMe token contract can be used for are:
- 1.Generating a voting token that is burned when you vote.
- 2.Generating a discount "coupon" that is redeemed when you use it.
- 3.Generating a token for a "spinoff" DAO.
- 4.Generating a token that can be used to give explicit support to an action or a campaign, like polling.
- 5.Generating a token to enable the token holders to collect daily, monthly or yearly payments.
- 6.Generating a token to limit participation in a token sale or similar event to holders of a specific token.
- 7.Generating a token that allows a central party complete control to transfer/generate/destroy tokens at will.
- 8.Many other applications, including all the applications the standard ERC20 token can be used for.
All these applications and more are enabled by the MiniMe token contract. The most amazing part being that anyone who wants to add these features has the ability to, in a permissionless yet safe manner without affecting the parent token's intended functionality.